Recipes for Low Carb Diet
Consuming low carbohydrate recipes means taking up carbohydrates in moderation since it restricts you from high-carbohydrate content foods. Because of that, people mostly rely on diets high in protein and natural fats such as eggs, meat and vegetables. Foods rich in protein limits your food intake since it can sustain your stomach’s cravings much longer.
According to recent studies, low-carb diets are proven to be of great help to people by allowing your body to lose weight much easier and also by regulating your blood sugar level.
And since we’re talking about recipes, you can’t go home without having easy-to-do instructions and procedures on how to make different low -carb foods. We have provided low carbohydrate recipes on foods that a lot of people find delicious such as bread, tortillas, and ice cream. Bread, tortillas, and ice cream are few of the foods that you can’t eat anytime when you are on a diet. But the good news is that we have put an end to your despair by providing guilty-free recipes that are just right for you.
Low carbohydrate bread recipe
Almond flour, 2 cups
1/4 cup of Psyllium husk powder
1/4 cup of Coconut oil
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 cup warm water
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1. Preheat the oven at 177 degrees Celsius and then place a parchment paper on the bottom of a 9×5 loaf pan.
2. Mix the almond flour, psyllium husk powder, sea salt, and baking powder inside a large bowl.
3. Take the eggs, coconut oil and warm water and stir them inside the large bowl altogether.
4. Take the batter and pour it inside the loaf pan.
5. Press the top of the batter evenly and form a rounded top.
6. Bake the batter for 50-60 minutes and insert a toothpick to see if it’s already baked by making sure that the toothpick comes out clean.
7. Wait for it to cool completely before removing from the pan.
Recipe for low carbohydrate tortillas
1/4 cup psyllium husks ground
1 cup of almond flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
2 tbsp of coconut flour
1/2 tsp of sea salt
1 tbsp of olive oil
1/4 cup of hot water
hot water, depends on how much is needed
1. Place the psyllium into a small bowl, hot water, and blend the two immediately to create a gel.
2. Whisk the almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, and sea salt in another bowl.
3.Get the dry almond flour mixture and knead the psyllium gel with it until the psyllium gel is evenly distributed, do this while adding hot water as needed.
4. Cut the dough to form 6 balls and then flatten the balls making it as thin as possible just like round tortilla shapes.
5. Heat oil to about 177 degrees Celsius inside a pancake grill and then grill the tortillas until browned.
Low carbohydrate ice cream recipe
heavy whipping cream, 1 cup
1.5 tablespoon of Coco powder
1/3 cup swerve confectioner
1/2 teaspoon of Vanilla extract
two large egg yolks
2. Mix the swerve confectioner and heavy whipping cream inside a sauce pan in medium heat and then let it boil and later on reduce the heat to simmer.
2. Add the coco powder well to the previous mixture once it simmers and get as many chucks as possible.
3. Mix the vanilla extract and egg yolks in a separate bowl.
4. Stir the mixture of cream, coco powder, and sugar as it thickens and then remove it from heat to cool for 5 minutes.
5. Add the mixture of cream to the egg yolks while slowly whisking until froth appears at the top.